Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fair Indigo is fair-bulous!

Wow, that is the cheesiest title I've come up with to date. It's late, I guess, so my writing may be suffering. I also think I may be coming down with a cold. I'm knocking back Emergen-C and Airborne like it's going out of style. But I digress...

The reason I am posting today is to RAVE about a website I was turned on to just a little over a week ago. My fabulous friend Beth introduced me to Fair Indigo, a fair trade clothing and accessories online retailer. As Beth told it, she was on the hunt for more environmentally friendly, yet stylish clothing that didn't cost a fortune. These days it's almost easy to find clothing made with organic materials, but I have to be honest, they can cost a fortune. Fair Indigo offers some beautiful, if basic pieces at very reasonable prices. And even more incentive is the fact that you can buy their clothing without an ounce of guilt. They personally inspect the factories where the clothes are manufactured to ensure the workers are treated and paid fairly. You can read about it on their website- I'm sure I am not doing the concept justice with my awkward explanation.

While I may not be particularly eloquent when it comes to discussing the details of the fair trade concept, I do think I can adequately express my complete satisfaction with the pieces I purchased. I say "pieces" but I actually bought 2 of the same top ($22.50 each):



I have been needing some more tops lately- so much of what I have is too summer-y. I needed some light-weight, long sleeve tops that are appropriate for layering. I bought the above cowl neck knit top in both the "glacier blue" pictured and a lovely neutral "shale." I am positively thrilled with both of them. First of all, they are exactly as pictured and described, but what you can't possibly experience or anticipate through a website photo is how incredibly soft they are. I tried on the blue just to see how it looked, and I didn't want to take it off. It is the softest top I've ever owned and I'm really happy I bought 2 of them because I can picture myself trying to work them into every outfit possible this fall. I'll be sure to take pictures once I have some good looks worked out. Also, I'm so satisfied with the product, I'm sure I'll shop there again in the future.

Another detail I have to mention is how wonderful the communication is with Fair Indigo. I not only received the immediate standard form-email confirming my internet order, but also a more personalized note thanking me for the order and answering a question I'd had about shipping. And it was sent what felt like mere moments after I'd asked the question. In other words, fast.

The bottom line is that I can't recommend this website highly enough. So thank you, Beth for the tip!

P.S. Thank you all for the comments on this post- keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails