Monday, July 20, 2009

Accessories Anonymous

My name is Renée and I'm addicted to accessories. Is there a support group for people like me? In all honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing. After all, accessories are the key to completing an outfit and to showing your personality through clothing. Even if you work in the most conservative office with an archaic dress code, accessories are the key to style freedom! The most boring suit can be jazzed up in a heartbeat with the right accessory. I'm most addicted to pins and shoes, but I also really love earrings, scarves and handbags.

Pins and broaches seem to be gradually becoming my "signature" accessory. I especially love antique and vintage pins in enamel finishes- the colors are so bright and fun. I also love pins with lots of crystals that sparkle and of course, anything floral. Some of my favorite pins are fabric flower pins that I got at Ann Taylor SUPER discounted for $3 each. Obviously, accessories don't have to be expensive for me to fall in love, but I'm afraid that lately I seem to have more expensive taste. Today I went "antique-ing" with a friend of mine and fell in love with SO many beautiful antique and vintage pins. Too bad most were too expensive for my bank account! I wish I had my camera with me to share them ALL with you! I honestly could have spent the ENTIRE day just staring at all of the gorgeous pins. So many were gorgeous crystal broaches in amazing settings. The first antique shop we went to was preparing for an auction and they had what seemed like dozens of beautiful cameos. I decided today that a cameo is going to be my next investment piece. I admit, it will be difficult to pull it off, since they are very dated-looking. The key to incorporating something so old-fashioned is to make sure you pair it with something else very modern. I fell in love with a robins-egg-blue cameo pendant that will be going up for auction on later next month and I'm SO tempted to bid on it. I'd never seen a cameo in such an interesting color before - it's such a special piece. Had it been for sale, I probably would have bought it then and there. Instead, I made note of the auction date and moved on to the next antique store. I fell in love with an absolutely stunning pin that I will have to photograph and post on here because it is simply too amazing to describe. I promise I'll photograph all my favorite pins to show you and I'll make sure to include the new pin.

In the meantime, leave a comment to tell me about YOUR favorite accessories. What do you love about them? Where did you get them? What makes them so special to you? Anything you want to tell me about them, I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails